Gymnastics is a sport that requires precision, flexibility, balance, and refined strength. It is also a sport that requires endless amounts of practice to reach a superior level. However, that practice needs to be on equipment that you will be utilizing in competitions as it is the only way to ensure consistency.
The look, feel, weight, and materials utilized in practice gymnastics equipment should be as close as possible to what you will utilize in competition. Unfortunately, in order to achieve this, a considerable investment is required because you’ll need to spend every waking moment at the gym.
That is the large downside to gymnastics and why many great athletes transition into different sports in their youth. The time and money required to excel at gymnastics are immense. Gym time is expensive. Hiring a coach is expensive. It creates a catch 22 where you want to practice all the time, but practicing all the time is extremely expensive.
So, what can you do? If you want to be a great gymnast, you will need to practice all the time. But how can you do that affordably?
The answer is to purchase gymnastics equipment for your home. Yes, you can actually buy mats and a gymnastics bar for your home to allow you to practice whenever you’d like. Now, this is only for the truly dedicated gymnasts who want to take their skills to the next level to outwork and outperform the competition.
You might worry this will be extremely expensive, but it really isn’t. There are several affordable at-home gymnastics bars. In addition, when comparing that to the cost of gym time and hiring a coach, it seems even more reasonable. You will actually be saving money in the long-term by buying a gymnastics bar for your home!
What to Look for in a Gymnastics Bar for Home
So, what should you look for in a gymnastics bar for home?
First, you’ll obviously need to consider your budget. Although, when you’re comparing the cost to the price of personal coaches and time at the gym, they’ll all seem affordable!
Another thing to look at is how sturdy a gymnastics bar is. As you’re flinging around, you want to be sure that the bars won’t fall apart.
In addition, you should also look at portability and flexibility. Can the bars be easily broken down and stored so they don’t take up too much room in your home?
Safety is also something that is important and some gymnastics bars for the home actually come with rubber grips to ensure a tight hold while you are practicing.
So Let’s start shall we?
Best Gymnastics Bars for Home 2018 [Updated April. 2019]
But how do you choose the best gymnastic bar that is right for you?
I have done an in-depth and thorough research of the gymnastic bars which are currently sold in the market. My recommendations are based on the feedback we got from consumers and retailers while taking into account my own experience through the years. Thankfully we’ve done the research for you and found the best 8 gymnastics bars for home in 2018.
1. Tumbl Trak Junior PRO Gymnastics Bar
Tumbl Trak Junior PRO Gymnastics Bar is the most popular gymnastic bar nowadays, and for a very good reason.Compared to other models this quality bar is exceptionally stable – even if used by heavy users.
With a sturdy streel construction and tough powder coated finish, this bar will last as long as your child’s love of gymnastics does! With a sturdy 4 foot by 6 foot floor frame and a 1.5 inch solid wood bar, you can also rest assured that your gymnast will be safe will practicing on the Tumbl Trak Junior PRO Gymnastics Bar.
This bar also comes with rounded corners and rubber grips on the frame, and grows taller so it can be used for years to come!
What We liked…
- Safety – This gymnastics bar is built with expert craftsmanship and is extremely safe to train on. The large 4 foot by 6 foot floor stamp will keep the bar rooted in place and ready for your practice.
- Portability – This bar is so easy to set up and break down that you can move it throughout the house or store it away if you need extra living space. All you need to do is screw in 6 knobs and 4 bolts and you’re good to go!
- Stability – Exceptionally stable compared to other models, needs no plywood.
2. Z-Athletic Gymnastics Expandable Junior Training Bar
The Z-Athletic Gymnastics Expandable Junior Training Bar is another option for those looking for a high quality gymnastics bar for home.
This heavy duty, portable training bar does not even need to be bolted into the ground. It is a FIG approved rail that is made to look, feel and operate like a competition bar rail to give you a leg up on the competition.
The great thing about the Z-Athletic Gymnastics Expandable Junior Training Bar is that it adjusts in height from 36 inches to 59 inches so it can grow with your gymnast.
This bar is mean to be used at up to Level 6 skills with the available extension kit and also comes with an impressive 2 year warranty. This heavy duty training bar is rated for 1,000 pounds of direct weight and is a great option for at-home training.
What We liked…
- Durability – This durable and strong gymnastics bar is rated for up to 1,000 pounds so you can rest assured that it is built to last and will keep gymnasts safe.
3. Z Athletic Expandable Kip Bar for Gymnastics
For those wanting a great at-home gymnastics training bar, the Z Athletic Expandable Kip Bar for Gymnastics is an excellent choice. It is ideal especially for kids from level1 to 5.
It comes in various colors, but what makes this training bar great is its real life feel.
The bar rail features a fiberglass core wrapped in a synthetic non-slip wood material, which gives it the strength and flexibility of a real competition bar.This means that the practicing you do at home will get you meet ready.
Plus, the Z Athletic Expandable Kip Bar for Gymnastics is easily adjustable from 36 inches to 58 inches so your gymnast won’t grow out of it in a year. The flat cross bars are also designed to fit flush to the ground so no extra padding is needed for landing either.
With a 2 year warranty, the Z Athletic Expandable Kip Bar for Gymnastics might be the perfect option for your at-home gymnastics training.
What We liked…
- Stability – This training bar is rated for 100 pounds, which makes it a great option for level 3 or 4 gymnasts.
- Flexibility – The bar is adjustable from 36 inches to 58 inches so it can be used as your gymnast grows over the years.
4. Tumbl Trak Expandable Gymnastics Training Jr Kip Bar
The Tumbl Trak Expandable Gymnastics Training Jr Kip Bar is a fantastic option for your at-home gymnastics training.
It is extremely easy to use with D-2 knobs that make it possible for anyone to quickly and easily adjust the height of the bar. With rounded corners to keep you safe and flat steel cross supports that don’t require extra padding, the Tumbl Trak Expandable Gymnastics Training Jr Kip Bar has everything you need for a great workout at home.
Plus, this training bar is adjustable from 38 inches to 56 inches with 7 different height options that provide you the optimal training platform.
With a steel frame and beech wood bar and a 125 pound weight rating, the Tumbl Trak Expandable Gymnastics Training Jr Kip Bar has everything you need for a safe, sturdy and productive workout.
What We liked…
- Flexibility – With 7 height arrangements and the ability to easily adjust the height from 30 to 56 inches with the easy to use D-2 knobs, this training bar has everything you need to create the perfect at-home gymnastics training program.
- Sturdy – The Tumbl Trak Expandable Gymnastics Training Jr Kip Bar is built to last with a steel frame and solid beech wood training bar.
5. Xtek Gym Gymnastics Bar
Another option for a gymnastics bar for home is the Xtek Gym Gymnastics Bar. This gymnastics bar is perfect for the budget conscious customers and is a great choice for a gymnastics bar for home.
The 1.5 inch beech wood bar is carefully sanded and has a similar feel to a competition bar, which means you’re getting relatable experience from the comfort of your home.
Plus, its adjustable abilities make it great for gymnasts of all ages. The height can be adjusted from 3 feet to 5 feet and the adjustment is easily done with secure locking knobs.
he Xtek Gym Gymnastics Bar is meant for gymnasts up to 5.5 feet tall up to 140 pounds. Though you will need to purchase a 2 to 6 inch pad to use with the Xtek Gym Gymnastics Bar, the premium rubber caps hold the bar securely in place and will prevent your floors from getting scratched.
What We liked…
- Sturdy – This gymnastics bar is rated for a maximum of 330 pounds so you can rest assured that your gymnast will stay safe while operating.
- Life Time Guarantee – The company also offers a lifetime guarantee so if you are not happy with the quality or operation of the product, they will offer a money back guarantee.
6. Z-Athletic Expandable Kip Bar & Mat Packages
For those wanting a great gymnastics bar for home, the Z-Athletic Expandable Kip Bar & Mat Package is a great option.
This is one of the sturdiest at-home gymnast training bars available, rated for a direct weight of 100 pounds. The 40 mm bar acts and feels just like a competition bar with a fiberglass core and smooth, sanded wood coating. The Z-Athletic Expandable Kip Bar & Mat Package easily adjusts height wise from 36 inches to 58 inches so it will be usable for years to come as your gymnast grows.
It is ideal for gymnasts up to level 3 and 4 and depending on the package you purchase, also comes with the required 4 foot by 6 foot mat for training.
The training mat is a high-density cross-linked polyethylene foam that is used widely in gymnastics competitions. The flat steel cross beams, fiberglass bar, and heavy duty vinyl mat protection mean this at home gymnastics training bar is built to last.
What We liked…
- Sturdy – This bar is rated for a maximum weight of 1,000 pounds, which is much higher than other models and will keep your gymnast safe while they train.
- Durability – Comes with a steel frame, competition style training bar, and 18 oz. heavy duty vinyl mat protection to make last for years to come.
7. Bestmart INC Gymnastics Junior Training Bar
The Bestmart INC Gymnastics Junior Training Bar Adjustable 3′ to 5′ Model DX Barney is another option for those wanting to get some reps in at home.
This durable training bar for home is built to last with an iron steel frame and pine wood bar. The base is 3.9 feet wide and is designed for use with a regular 4 foot by 12 foot gymnastics mat. The training bar can adjust from 36 inches to 60 inches, which is slightly taller than other models available on the market.
The Bestmart INC Gymnastics Junior Training Bar is also sturdy with a 1.58 inch thick training bar that can support up to 440 pounds.
Plus, height adjustments are made easy by the spring loaded locking knobs. Another great feature of the Bestmart INC Gymnastics Junior Training Bar is that is it easy to assemble and break down, taking just 30 minutes to get it ready for action.
What We liked…
- Ease of Use – Spring loaded locking knobs make adjusting the height between 36 inches and 60 inches quick and easy.
- Durability – Comes with an iron steel frame and welded triangle support plates at the base for a safe and secure workout for years to come.
8. Gym2dance Adjustable Gymnastics Bar 3′ to 5′ Model DX Barney Purple
Another high-quality option for an at home gymnastics training bar is the Gymnastics Bar Adjustable 3′ to 5′ Model DX Barney Purple, 1.5″ Dia. Solid Hardwood, Very Sturdy from Gym2dance.
This bar is built to last with welded steel triangle support plates at the base and thick non-slip rubber pads that keep the training bar in place while you work out. The 1.5 inch thick solid oak dowel is also competition standard and built to last for many years to come. Spring loaded and lock down knobs also make height adjustments easy and you can shift the height of the training bar from 3 feet to 5 feet at 5 inch intervals.
Set up and breakdown is extremely easy and with step by step directions, you can have it ready in no time at all.
Rated for 120 pounds and athletes up to 5 feet tall, this at home training bar will last your gymnast for many years.
What We liked…
- Sturdy – Comes with double ultra thick steel tie plates, stainless steel support tubes, and non-slip thick rubber pads that are over a quarter inch thick to keep the training bar securely rooted in place to provide a quality and safe workout.
- Performance – Features a competition standard solid oak dowel for a superior at home workout.